Tuesday, November 2, 2010

McDonalds as an office.

I am sitting in Mc Donalds on Main St. in Joplin drinking a carmel frappe, (yes I know I’m a girl) and using free internet. One of those weird situations where I didnt have time to go home before driving my afternoon route on the school bus but didn’t want to wait around the bus barn for an hour either. I was going to try to read a little and do some bible study but there is a lady 2 booths back doing obnoxious baby talk to her infant child who is also being somewhat obnoxious. Babies are cute to look at but they are best behind a glass wall, unless they’re your own of course, and even sometimes then. Haha. So I decided to write a completely pointless blog. I mean I only have like 5 minutes left before having to be back at work, so I can’t go into too much depth.
I will say this. I have been having a really hard time disciplining myself as of late. Not just in one area but pretty much in every way. For example that frappe I just downed I should never have even purchased. Those things have enough calories to be a whole meal and I’ve already eaten! But not just food, laziness, bible study, laziness, did I mention how lazy I can sometimes be?!?! It is by far my greatest struggle. Just getting my ass up off the couch is way more difficult for me than avoiding porn, or not being prideful! (two other struggles I’ve dealt with) It seems as if I start disciplining myself in 1 area for some reason the others catch on and life just operates a lot better. I think it is because I am simply paying more attention to what I do rather than just vegging out in front of the tv and erasing all free and open thoughts from my mind and allowing some script writer to get me high on a story for 30 min to an hour.
Well that’s all my time, and then some. Re-starting a more disciplined life again today. In all areas spiritual, physical, and mental.
josh evans

No comments:

Post a Comment